Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Perilous










YA

by Tamara Hart Heiner












As a huge fan of YA, but having never read a thriller, I was excited when the author asked me to review her book. I read the synopsis and thought, hmm, I've watched detective shows, I think this one will be just as good. Even better . . .
Guess what?

I’ve never read a book that had my adrenaline pumping so hard and for so long! She succeeded in appealing to my reader’s eyes for a whole new genre world.
Young and carefree and daring, four teenaged girls accidentally witness a robbery while waiting for their ride home at the mall.
Detective Carl Hamilton is devastated when he finds a girl’s body. Now, where are the other three?


Tamara Heiner constructs a fantastic read that touched every one of my emotions. Fear clawed my stomach, urgency twisted my nerves, anticipation grated my brain. Yes, humor packaged the thrill perfectly where needed.
With the action so tight, it was bittersweet when the story slowed a bit toward the second half of the book. I was a bit confused toward the end with the way certain things were presented, but it didn’t diminish my enjoyment. It’s certainly a satisfying read.






PG 13: emotional trauma, and violence



No comments:

Post a Comment